The Career Progression Goals and Meetings Notebook is a planner that combines the strategies from the Goal Planners and the meeting preparation techniques from the Meetings Notebook. These are functional notebooks designed to help you create and manage your career development goals action plan, track your progress and prepare and carry out the reviews in your career.
Unlike traditional goals planners it is not driven by a calendar or weekly planners. You have a set of goals for the year and an action plan. It has a monthly planner for those of you who need some structure but you are mainly driven by your own time-table (and when your employer sets your review meetings).
The Meetings Section has room for preparation and notes (in the same style as our meeting notebook) for 5 meetings as well as a larger review and planning section for your end of year appraisal or performance review meeting.
The notebook is designed:
- to help you write a career development plan and track your progress throughout the year;
- to keep your goals and career progression meeting notes in one easy accessible place;
- to help you prepare for each meeting; to help you keep concise relevant notes;
- to convert your notes into action points;
- and to help you prepare and get through your end of year performance review / appraisal.
The layout includes:
- your mission statement;
- your long term plan / career pathway;
- your goals for the next year;
- your competencies and objectives review and planner;
- your monthly planner;
- your action plan and notes for each goal;
- your progress tracker;
- your monthly achievements;
- your training record;
- your review pages;
- your meeting preparation and agenda pages, meeting notes; pages, and meeting follow up pages;
- your end of year review preparation;
- your appraisal meeting pages;
- your feedback review and self-review;
- your goals and next steps for the next year
This notebook is A5 size with coil binding.